2020-04-14T12:00:00Z → 2020-04-14T13:00:00Z
Institute for Environmental Solutions (IES), a member of the Latvian @RDI2CluB team welcomes you to the “Hubs on Stage” event that will provide an overview of IES’s research and development work in the area of medicinal and aromatic plants (MAPs).
Time: 14.04.2020 at 15:00 (EE)/14:00 (CET)
Host: Institute for Environmental Solutions (Latvia)
There is an expanding interest worldwide in MAPs due to their use as raw materials in the production of medicinal and cosmetic products. Furthermore, consumers are becoming more health-conscious paying attention to sustainably produced natural ingredients of known origin. This, in turn, has driven a rising demand for plant-based extracts from pharmaceutical, food & beverage, cosmetic and agrochemical industries.
One of the IES’s research and innovation directions is related to the domestication, cultivation and processing of medicinal and aromatic plants for pharmaceutical, food and cosmetics applications. During the On Stage event, IES will present a number of MAPs related projects and key results.
- Project “Growing Genetic Diversity of Medicinal and Aromatic Plants”
- Project “Innovative Solutions for Growing Technologies and Applications of Spring Medicinal and Aromatic Plants”
- Project “Development of Innovative Technologies for Cultivation and Food Production of Ginseng and Chinese Horseradish”
- Project “New seed preparation technologies for pre-sowing and sowing”
- Project “GrassLife”, promotion of grassland services by developing a recipe-book of medicinal and aromatic plants
15:00 – 15:05 Welcome to the “Hubs on Stage” event by Inese Suija - Markova, Managing Director of IES
15:05 – 15.40 Project presentations by Dr. Arta Kronberga, Leading Researcher, Dr. Ieva Mežaka, Leading Researcher and Rūta Abaja, Researcher
15:40 - 15:58 Open discussion
15:58 – 16:00 Conclusions and closing the Stage
The event is recorded. The presentation materials are shared, and the discussion and idea sharing can continue after the event under the topic. Event recording will be available 30 days after the event.