We try to raise young patriots, let’s make them bio-patriots as well!

Hello everyone!

This time the PP8 team wants to share their ideas on spreading the idea of bioeconomy among the youngest citizens.

A group of 9 year-old students form the Primary School no. 28 in Kielce was supposed to visit the Mashal’s Office to learn about the institution and Polish patriotic symbols, as we were just before the Polish Independence Day (11 November). We have decided that it is a great opportunity to teach them also about the principles of regional bioeconomy, especially about the importance individual participation and cooperation of the citizens.

The meeting was about one-hour long. In the begging the children were told about the Świętokrzyskie region as their “little fathererland”, its historic and tourist values, as well as about the responsibilities and structure of the Marshal Office.

Then we turned to the environmental part. Here we stressed that being a patriot means also respecting the environment and caring for it. A member of PP8 team showed a presentation on bioeconomy, ecological behaviors and the principles of the RDI2Club Project. Certainly, the content had to be adjusted to the needs and capacities of primary school children, i.e. the presentation had a simple, symbolic form, and introducing the RDI2ClluB project was more general than usual.

The children took part in a game for proper waste sorting, we also presented them examples of biodegradable substitutes of everyday objects, i.e. dishes and cutlery, which accepted with great enthusiasm. They were also given educational books (the PP8 teams’ educational and promotional materials for the RDI2Club project).

Afterwards, the group met the Marshal of the Świętokrzyskie Voivodship who told them about the importance of respecting the national symbols, like the flag, the anthem and the emblem. He also distributed Polish flag among the students. Additionally, the children were given gifts, connected with the Swiętokrzyskie region.

The idea met with great interest and we are planning to make such sessions cyclical. In every country, the educational system covers patriotic education. Isn’t caring for the environment and shaping ecological habits also some form of patritisc behavior? Why yes! Certainly, bioeconomy is an international idea directed to mutual cooperation, yet we need to awaken good habits in the younger generations so they could spread the idea in their homes, schools and among friend and families, and then develop it further, hopefully, on and international, bioeconomical arena.

What do you think about this idea? Have you connected educational actions with other events?

Image gallery (under the article on the Mashal Office website):
https://www.swietokrzyskie.pro/lekcja-ekologii-i-patriotyzmu-dla-najmlodszych/

I am in favor of environmental education for children. Children make the future and when they are taught the right ways to act, they embrace them as part of their daily activities.

Here in Central Finland, the environment is strongly involved in teaching. My children’s school has a theme for every school year. In the academic year 2018-2019, the theme was the forest and in the previous academic year 2019-2020 sustainable development. At least my own children have embraced a lot of things about these themes, which have then been talked about at home.

So keep up the good work of passing on sustainable practices to future generations!

2 Likes