FUNDING CALL: The ForestValue Research Programme (DL 13.04.2021)

The ForestValue Research Programme announces the upcoming call for joint European research projects with an indicative total public funding budget of over 11 million €. Projects are supposed to start late 2021/early 2022. The call for proposals is expected to open on 19 January 2021.

The overarching aim of this joint transnational call is to support projects that will produce knowledge to promote the best possible use of forests and forest resources for the benefit of society on its way to a climate-neutral circular economy and sustainable society.

The participating funders (15 funders from 10 countries) have decided that the call will address the whole forest-based value chain in the following three areas:

1. Sustainable and multifunctional use and management of forests, to maximize their contribution to all SDGs
  2. Building with wood from various perspectives
  3. Analysis of benefits, synergies and trade-offs in the use of forest biomass

Applicants are expected to use interdisciplinary research approaches and holistic perspectives encompassing all aspects of a subject.

Available for: FI, SWE, FR, DE, IE, LV, NO, PL, SI, TR

More information: Joint Call 2021 (JC 2021) - ForestValue

1 Like

@Biobord_network @paperprovince_magnus @markku @Biotalouskampus_staff

Hi! This could be interesting call :slight_smile:

1 Like

Looks interesting @riikkakumpulainen. I would imagine that the theme 1. Sustainable and multifunctional use and management of forests, to maximize their contribution to all SDGs could relate to the activities in the forest pilot…? @markku @ingrid @kirsi.knuuttila

Note also that there is support for partner finding…

Partner search

ForestValue Partnering Support:

In case you are interested in contributing your work to the aims of the ForestValue call in 2021 and

1. would like to join a consortium for this call but do not know how to find one
  2. or in case you have a brilliant project idea but are missing a specific partner for an important job

then please include your ideas, offers and needs into the current ForestValue 2021 partnering initiative online under this link .

On a weekly basis (Mondays) we will publish the results of the survey on this website (see below) and a large community of professionals with the same interest in this call can view your request.

Partnering survey results ( PDF ; last update of 25 Jan 2021)

1 Like

@ola

1 Like

I have forwarded the invitation to some researchers in Norway. I am waiting for their feedback.

2 Likes

Dear @riikkakumpulainen, thank you for sharing this information! My team will explore this opportunity while I am away on my holiday and then we will decide whether we see ourselves as a fit for the project partnership and thematics, all right?

1 Like

Thank you Riikka :slight_smile:
This is very interesting for us - and we are having an internal discussion about it now. Both taking into acount the possibility of building on the forest pilot as it is now, and new perspectives. I’ll get back to you on this as soon as possible.

1 Like

Is anyone working on establishing a consortium for an application?
I have noticed that there may be some interest in this from HINN Evenstad.