Call for bioeconomy experts (Finland): Masters thesis project on bio-sector hybrid organisations

Have you worked in multi-organisational bioeconomy development projects? Are you involved in local bio-hubs? Or do you have experience on joint innovation, alliances or ecosystems in bio-sector?

I am currently working on my Masters Thesis project that focuses on goal-setting and performance management in bio-sector hybrid organisations in Finland. In my study I am trying to figure out how organisations from different sectors currently set goals in collaborative settings, how their own organisational logic influences goal-setting and performance managements, what kind of challenges there are, and how organisations deal with the inherent complexity of multiorganisational, cross-sectoral “hybrid organisations”.

I am conducting my study by using two-phased modified Delhi-method expert interviews, and looking for experts that would be willing to spare 30-50 mins of their time for a personal interview in phase 1, and provide their comments on synthetized interview findings in phase 2.

If you think you could contribute to this research, please contact me and let´s book and interview time! You can send me an email if you have any further questions:
elina.siivari@tuni.fi

4 Likes

Dear @RDI2CluB, here is a great opportunity to share your knowledge!

RDI2CluB will be interviewed but perhaps you have other projects going on ?

Please share this message and tag relevant people here.

Dear @elina_siivari, are you looking for only Finnish contributors, or from several countries? If foreigners are relevant, perhaps @ola could be a relevant interviewee?

2 Likes

I have already volonteered :slight_smile:

2 Likes

@suvi does RCCF have anyone that could participate ? Or @tiina does Saarijärvi city have anyone suitable or perhaps BioPaavo project ?

1 Like

Yes, of course! I will send email to @elina_siivari! And perhaps Elina should contact Sari Åkerlund from Plänet B project? She could be right kind of person to be interviewed in this thesis project?

1 Like

Warm thanks for all of you for helping me in my research. Great tips! At this time I am narrowing my focus down to Finnish bio-sector, and primarily looking for Finnish candidates for my interviews. @ola already kindly agreed to give me bakcground interview, share his experiences and give some guidance. For other non-Finnish experts in this area, I´d be very happy to hear your thought and discuss with you if you have time for me.

I am continuing this research next fall based on my findings and observations during this project as a project researches in Tampere University. Therefore I am also very interested in cases and experiences beyond the scope of this current study. I am trying to identify knowledge gaps and interesting cases that could benefit the sector as a whole. If something comes in mind, please just send me an email.

4 Likes

As fas as I know, Elina has already found one person from RCCF to participate :slight_smile:

2 Likes